Feedback from Kernel Developers and Others
- I read that paper from Andrew Morton (ref)
- Cool (1, 2 )
- Great (ref)
- Comments on semantic patches (on kcalloc, on netdev_priv on local_irq_save, on missing kfree )
- Requests for semantic patches (private email)
- Creation of semantic patches (private email)
- Discussion of unsigned semantic match
- Reddit discussion about semantic patching
- Valerie Aurora Henson's blog (December 12, 2008)
- Derek M Jones' blog. Another blog entry from Derek Jones on combining Coccinelle with awk to study the use of conditionals in C code.
- Two articles about Coccinelle in the Linux Weekly News. Semantic patching with Coccinelle by Valerie Aurora, and Evolutionary development of a semantic patch using Coccinelle by Wolfram Sang.
- Reddit discussion about semantic patch inference
- Coccinelle in the Lambda the Ultimate weblog
- A blog discussion about the ideal IDE (in Czech)
- A list of interesting tools for C code.
- Corentin Chary's blog (March 18, 2009, in French)
- Discussion about a bug that can be found using this semantic patch. This is also discussed here.
- A comment (in French)
- A general comment about Coccinelle
- Mention of Coccinelle in the context of finding NULL pointer dereference bugs, in LWN, also here.
- Comparison of Coccinelle with porky.py
- Review of 2009 Open Source Days Community Day talk on Coccinelle (In Danish)
- Blog entry from an attendeed at the first Coccinelle users day
- Blog entry about updating old C code using Coccinelle (In Danish)
- Some semantic patches that have been developed for NetBSD
- Blog entry about the use of Coccinelle in the development of Suricata